Friday 13 January 2012

Spanner in the works!

So 25th October I was all for punching the computer after my 3 hour stint of re-doing the Gantt charts for myself and the group, after the initial one became corrupt, these latest versions again became corrupt!

We cannot identify the reason and it has flummoxed two IT gurus.  Needless to say, I was frustrated, nay furious.

The following morning I was at the midwife's for my check up and blood pressure had shot up, not surprising after how annoyed I was the previous night.

I had to return to keep and eye on things and again on the Friday, blood pressure was high, but all in all I was feeling better than I had done in weeks.  Fast forward through a 2 hour Tesco shop and a 2 hour Ikea trip to buy wardrobes, I spent the night rubbing my aching bum and back whilst devouring a 12 inch Pizza.... all of it.  With hindsight I should have seen what was coming.

Unknowingly in labour! Horizontal in the car to accommodate the wardrobes!

I'll spare you the gory details, by the following lunchtime our baby boy had made his debut, Ayrton James Bernard Peter 'The Bear'.

Following 16 days in special care, our boy came home with us and we are still adjusting.

I'm sure Becky will fill you in on her exciting fly in the ointment, in short she has had investigative surgery on her ankle and was also rendered out of service.

Becky and I returned to uni in the New Year to find that the rest of the tutorial group have been granted an extension.  Obviously we also require additional time to complete this assignment, Allison is applying to Leeds for an exemption, hopefully for an Easter submission date.

This week we had a production meeting and agreed that we should streamline our project as we are also starting a new assignment next week, it will be near impossible to complete everything we had originally planned to do.

We went through my production log and marked off what was complete, what we needed to do in the immediate future and what tasks we would shelve.  It is hard to set dates at the moment as we have not had confirmation from Leeds of our final deadline date so the dates we chose may need to change.

This week's main tasks are to collate all the resources that we need to build the working presentation, jpegs and sound files. 

No comments:

Post a Comment