Sunday 9 October 2011

How to…. Teach kids about photography

As part of my contextual research report I have been reading about photography for kids.  I have bought two books from Amazon this afternoon Picture This: Fun Photography and Crafts (Kids Can Do It) - Debra Friedman & Jane Kurisu and Photography for Children - John M. Pickering, hopefully this will be interesting reading.  

The reason for this line of research is that I want to make sure that the content of what we are teaching the kids through our game is not only accurate but also appropriate for the target audience, children.

The books won't land on my mat for a few days and in that I am impatient I decided to visit the ol' interweb.  I came across Digital Photography School with a fantastic piece called 13 lessons to teach your child about photography.  The author and founder of the school, Darren Rowse, explained not only what to teach the kids, but also how to.  The article breaks down elements such as composition and exposure with simple terms and metaphors.  Personally being a visual/kinasthetic learner, I found his metaphors very clear.  Hopefully I can transfer what I have learned from him, into our work.  Thanks Darren!

Tags: How to, Photography for kids, Contextual Research, Research.

No comments:

Post a Comment