Saturday 1 October 2011

Skills Audit - Becky

As Creative Director i feel the following skills are an appropriate representation of my hard working and professional manner . Not only do they outline my experience within the industry but also show my potential to exceed in this role.

Creative Development

For this part of the role i feel my personal strengths are; i can take an idea as a raw element and develop this into a concept , analyse the concept for its functionality purposes and if deemed inappropriate complete this process as many times as necessary until the finished article/product is suitable and meets the needs of the client and the design brief.

Brand Development

Although i do not have much experience in brand development i have gained basic skills in the Visual Communications Assignment in which i created a logo/brand for a bar called Stiletto's and the current project, craeting Black and Pink Productions. During the Visual Communications assignment i also created all the companies apparrell such as business cards, letter heads, compliement slips and bar merchandise.

Graphic Design

I have a broad experience of graphic design ranging from art at GCSE to an A Level Fine Art course at College. This is where my passion and enthusiasm for Pop Art and the 1960s artists began to grow. At College even with my motivation to learn about Pop Art i also gained knowledge about various artists such as Georgia O'Keeffe and Bridget Riley. At University my experience of graphics as taken more of a commercial standpoint. This has lead me to think more about the end product and how this is percieved by others.

Research

I have experience in 3 different areas of research: Market, Product and Research and Development. the skills i have learnt here are an eye for detail, analysing people, products and markets.

Programmes

I understand how improtant the use of software is int he role of Creative Director and i feel i am profient the following Adobe programmes: Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash

Client Liason/Relationaship Management

With any project that requires a clients vision to be translated into an end product relationship management is key throughout. In my present full time employment i develop, grow and maintain these types of relationships on a daily basis. They are impairative in my job and also the role of a Creative Director. This is an area in which i excell.

No comments:

Post a Comment