Saturday 8 October 2011

Working Presentation - writing the script

So yes I have been rocking out to the piano of Chiquitia still on the ABBA blast following the name being chosen.

I have been productive as well though.  I have started my Production Diary, at least I think I have.  Having looked at other people's Gantt Charts I feel I may have put far too much detail into it.

To produce the Gantt charts for Becky and I, I noted the activities and dates of all the items that we have published on the blog, as well as in the minutes.  I listed them all in a spreadsheet to populate the Gantt chart when we got back to uni (not having a version of Microsoft Project that is Mac compatible, nor access to a PC).

The blog itself has been my Production Diary, along with many a 'to do' list but I am not certain whether this will suffice for the presentation on the 8th November.  I emailed our tutor Iain to ask what format he needs it.

For the time being I'll continue to update the spreadsheet that I used for compiling the Gantt chart.  I have found it a useful tool for logging jobs that need to be done, as well as viewing my progress.  I'll also check on Tuesday (next tutorial) if we can really strip the Gantt charts out and make them much simpler?

Other areas I have been working on today have been the introduction to the working presentation script.  This includes much of the information from the pitch document.  I'm not posting any of it on here just yet, not being cloak and dagger but it is very much work in progress.

I have also done a bit of housekeeping, updating tags on the posts so the blog is easy to navigate around and items can be grouped.  I have also tidied up some of the files in my assignment folder on my Mac.

Finally I have done the minutes from last week and complied a 'to do' list/ schedule for next week.  Beck called earlier but we keep missing each other.  I like this blog as we can use it as a way to exchange ideas and where we are up to around the clock.  If we miss each other on the phone, we can catch up over the blog at what would be considered an anti social hour!


Image c/o simplyeighties.com




No comments:

Post a Comment